Chag Sameach! Are you sick of matzo yet? Well I have the answer…Matzo Roca! This stuff is so delish that I literally have non-MOT friends awaiting it every year when Passover rolls around. I just whipped up my second batch this week. And best of all, it’s super easy! It’s one of my all time favorite recipes courtesy of my friend Renée.
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 4-6 boards of matzo (enough to cover cookie sheet)
- toppings – walnuts, almonds, pecans, coconut
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Cover a large rimmed cookie sheet with foil and spread out 4-6 boards of matzo to cover the entire sheet, breaking or slightly overlapping as necessary.
- In a small saucepan, bring the butter and sugar to a boil. Pour over matzo and then use spatula to spread.
- Bake for 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle with chocolate chips.
- Let stand a few minutes until chips are mostly melted and spread easily; using spatula spread to cover all the matzo.
- Sprinkle on toppings, taking care to press into chocolate.
- Refrigerate on cookie sheet until completely cooled.
- Break apart and serve.
So break out another box of matzo and get baking! Happy Passover!